You shall assist the Finance Manager with the production of the Management Accounts and undertake accurate financial reporting, analysis and interpretation in line with the business timetable and demand.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
• Prepare and post specific overhead accruals, prepayments and ad hoc monthly journals.
• Assist with annual budgets.
• Review of budgets vs. actuals and analysis of variances
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and posting of the depreciation charges
• Reconciliation of drivers pay, analysis on a weekly basis and posting of monthly batch journals.
• Undertake detailed variance analysis on IT, property charges and clearing accounts.
• Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Assist with the running and collation of VAT returns.
• Assist with statutory filings
• Report daily cash to the Sales Ledger team, update monthly cash spreadsheets and reconcile credit card charges.
• Process Direct Debits, maintain and update the direct debit customer database liaising with the Sales Ledger team.
• Provide cover for bank payments particularly driver pay.
• Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Assist the Finance Manager/ Group Financial Controller with any required ad-hoc reporting.
• Ad-hoc client/business revenue and margin reporting
• Maintain the Property Master List and update any property changes, proactively identifying and investigating any anomalies.
Measures of Success
• Effective communication, both written and oral at all levels within the company
• Effective reconciliation and problem solving.
• Provide appropriate explanations for any large variances in the IT, property charges and clearing accounts.
• Proficient at excel
• Fast and accurate data entry, creation of grammatically correct responses without any spelling errors.
• Comfortable adapting to change, meeting the changing demands of the work environment, responds well to any delays or other unexpected demands.
• High levels of dependability including following instructions as well as taking responsibility for own actions and keeping commitments.
• High levels of punctuality and attendance.
• Works well as part of a team, is objective and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, gives as well as welcomes feedback, contributes to building team spirit, aids others to succeed.
Key Relationships with Financial Controller, Regional Managers, Directors.